- In a large bowl combine beans, rice, ketchup, and spices. Mash with
a fork or a potato masher until beans are mashed well. (Rice will
- Add chopped onions and mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly and form into 8 burgers, 1/2" to 3/4"
thick. Wet your hands slightly to avoid sticking.
- Lightly oil a nonstick griddle or skillet, or spray with a nonstick
cooking spray* and preheat over medium heat.
- Place burgers on griddle and cook until browned on both sides, turning
burgers several times.
- Serve hot with lettuce, tomato, relish, ketchup, mustard or your
favorite burger toppings.
NOTES: *Use Mr. Misto with a small amount of olive oil -- it'll add
a trace amount of flavor, and is better (protects) quality pots and
Calories: 103 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium:
121 mg (varies by salt added) Protein: 4 g
1/2 bread/starch, 1/2 protein and 13 additional/extra calories
DISCLAIMER: This is a not-for-profit website and these recipes
appear as a courtesy to my veg*n friends around the world. No copyright
infringement is intended. At the request of the copyright holder(s),
the recipe(s) will be promptly removed.