- In a heavy skillet, saute the onions in the oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, mint, and pepper, and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, lemon juice, rice nad green peas.
- Add the dill. Cover and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the spinach is limp and the rice is hot, top with the feta and serve immediately.
VARIATIONS: (Nutritional information does NOT reflect variations)
Add 2 chopped tomatoes along with the spinach and peas.
Add 1 cup of drained cooked peas along with the spinach and green peas.
NOTE: You can use reduced-fat feta and reduce the amount of oil to lower fat.
Fat: 9.4 g
Carbohydrates: 46.5 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Sodium: 254 mg
Protein: 8.7 g
Restaurant Cooks at Home:
Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day
by Moosewood Collective
DISCLAIMER: This is a not-for-profit website and these recipes appear as a courtesy to my veg*n friends around the world. No copyright infringement is intended. At the request of the copyright holder(s), the recipe(s) will be promptly removed.