- Heat oil in alarge skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and
cook, stirring, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in cabbage and garlic. Cook, stirring, until cabbage is tender-crisp,
about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes, tomato juice, apple juice, ginger
and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer until hot and bubbling,
about 6 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in
peatnut butter until well blended and hot, about 1 minute.
- Serve stew with crusty bread and a salad, or spoon it over rice
or mashed potatoes.
261 Calories, 9*g fat, 8g protein, 40g carbohydrates, 0mg cholesterol,
425mg sodium, 8g fiber
*Reduce fat by using low-fat peanut butter and sauteeing
in wine or broth in place of oil.
Times Low-Fat & Fast:
150 Easy Meatless Recipes
by The Editors of Vegetarian Times Magazine
is a not-for-profit website and these recipes appear as a courtesy
to my veg*n friends around the world. No copyright infringement
is intended. At the request of the copyright holder(s), the recipe(s)
will be promptly removed.